[wp-hackers] Problems with wp.org-hosting.

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe morty at gmx.net
Mon Jul 9 09:06:53 GMT 2007

(Sorry if this is a dup - but it seems like the first mail didn't get
through)

I already sent this to Michael Adams, but didn't get an answer yet. So I
was hoping someone here might be able to help me:

Hi.
It seems like the way the zips on wp-plugins.org are created has
changed. They don't include the whole wp-content thing anymore, but only
a dir with the plugin-name. The problem for me is, that I have two
Plugins. One in the plugins root dir (which fixes a mail-problem/bug in
WP 2.2) and the main plugin in the post_notification dir. The zips
caused some trouble because users get quite confued installing and I
don't really know how to address this at the moment.

So here come the questions:
- Is this change wanted?
- How do I get informed about stuff like this (I just subscribed to
wp-hackers, but maybe there is some other place, too)
- Why are the screenshots and readme.txt included in the zip? - imho at
least the sceenshots shouldn't blow up the zip
- Is the code doing this stuff available? (To write a patch or to do a
work around)
- Where else can I beg for support?

Cheers

Morty