[wp-hackers] Enhance WP to use page categories

Chris chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 25 00:53:28 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,
thanks for reply!
re category counts - yes, looks like would affect those but they could
be excluded fairly easily I guess.
I have since looked at a plug-in released recently called
"wp-group-restriction".
Allows hierarchy etc. for Pages.
Only a beta version, with a few buggy bits but I think has (from looking
at the db and php code) couple of disadvantages,
namely relies on FKey relationships and sub-queries, so InnoDB and MySQL
later versions - rest of wp code looks like wpress are trying to keep it
generic ( i.e for MyISAM and lower versions of MySQL too).

What is the WordPress "view" on versions of (A)MP?

Thanks again
Chris
P.S. for my current site I have simply constructed a page hierarchy to
suit, plus a bit of php code to check login status and show parts of the
tree for visitors/members (i.e. logged in or not).

    Chris Hearn
    *Tel:* 01625 827589
    *Mob:* 07768 725141
    *email:* chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
    material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
    or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
    or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
    If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
    material from any computer.