[wp-hackers] User folders for themes, plug-ins

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Jan 18 05:27:30 GMT 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 9:12 PM, Charles wrote:

> I know I'm oversimplifying, but isn't the gist of it checking for two
> folders instead of one, and then deciding which has priority
> (probably user
> themes but system plug-ins) in case of conflicts?

Yes, for that, but plugins may be accessing things more directly,
counting on wp-content to be the place where that stuff exists.  But
if you see it as possible, don't let me be a wet blanket.  Let the
code do the talking. :-)  We're likely going to have a bunch of big
brainstorming sessions once 2.2 work gets under way, so start taking
notes.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/