[wp-hackers] Updating Codex to newer MediaWiki version

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Dec 8 17:35:27 GMT 2007

Martin at Cleaver.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Who's responsible for the Codex install of mediawiki? It is seriously out
> of date.
>
> Thanks,
>
>    Martin.
>
> 22 Nov 2007, on #mediawiki:
> (11:00:40 PM) MartinCleaver: Can I tell whether SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi is
> already installed?
> (11:01:04 PM) TimStarling: it's not
> (11:01:09 PM) TimStarling: http://codex.wordpress.org/Special:Version
> (11:01:32 PM) TimStarling: you have a version of mediawiki written in the
> dark ages
> (11:01:43 PM) TimStarling: back when there was only like 3 extensions
>
> then on http://codex.wordpress.org/User_talk:MichaelH:
>
> Hi MichealH: Any chance of updating this MediaWiki?
>
> Thanks, Martin. Martin
> Cleaver<http://codex.wordpress.org/index.php?title=User:MartinCleaver&action=edit>22
> Nov 2007
>  That would be better addressed to
> User:Matt<http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt>
> MichaelH <http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MichaelH> *(talk)* 14:28, 23 Nov
> 2007 (UTC)

The newer versions require PHP5 as support was dropped for PHP4 some
time ago. Since the codex is running PHP 4.4.2, they would have to
upgrade PHP to the latest of PHP 5 (5.2.5).

So I mean the request should be that the upgrade PHP to PHP 5.2.5 and
MediaWiki to the latest.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.