[wp-hackers] widget for wordpress built-in tag system

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Thu Apr 12 10:28:46 GMT 2007

> Well, WordPress 2.2 isn't out yet, and the tagging system isn't yet
> fully
> complete - I think it's safe to say that such a widget doesn't yet
> exist if
> it's not in the trunk or on wp-plugins.
>
> Good luck with that widget! :)

ok. so i'm going to write one unless it's in the trunk and I can't
just find it :-) It would be nice to have that widget ready for the
2.2 public release.

I'm actually don't know what wp do in the database for tags, and what
are differences (advantages/disvantages) from other tag system -
apart for having it built-in of course :-) - but I'll looking deeper
the code. I suppose that following the importer code I'll be able to
convert UTW widgets to match WP tag engine...

If someone knows about that importer and can help me to understand
differences about the database, it will be appreciated, otherwise
it's just a matter of time, I'll learn something.

Paolo