[wp-hackers] Subscription to user level

Andy Beard list.andy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 11:57:19 GMT 2006

Simple Way

Just stick a wordpress blog in the password protected section of your
membership site system.

If you want customers to be able to write on an external blog, some kind of
interface between Wordpress and the membership site to share data.

Average complexity

Pickup some sales processing and affiliate software, and latch that onto
Private areas. Optiniche has a very slick integration to private posts based
on member level, with Idevaffiliate backend.

Average complexity 2

I believe you can do a fairly good job with the Semiologic Pro package.
Implementations I have seen still used affiliate packages for order
processing.
I would check with Denis on specifics on what it can and can't do.

Hard Way

Reinvent the wheel for paypal integration, autoresponder integration,
affiliate program, special offers for JV partners , special offers for
customers, access to products based on purchases, tracking, split testing
etc etc

Alternative

Think of using another CMS - I have seen some pretty good Joomla sites,
though they don't have all the commercial features various dedicated systems
offer.