[wp-hackers] a pay per view wordpress plugin

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Jun 27 15:39:05 GMT 2006

Actually, can't you already password-protect posts?  in which case, you're
just sending out the 'password' to the post.  You could do that right now,
no further work.

If you want to be a bit more secure, you'd generate a password based on the
'real' post password plus the person's phone #/sms address, and then have
them enter their phone # and the generated password to validate/view.

If you want to be even more secure, you'd have people register on your site,
register their sms phone number, and potentially generate a 'private
password' that's only good for that person for that post, storing it in
their user metadata (so the 'purchase' is recorded in their account).  Then
they never have to enter a thing, just by logging into their account they
can see anything they 'unlocked'.

-d