[wp-hackers] Ditch RDF and RSS 0.92

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 21:54:01 GMT 2006

On 15/01/06, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> Well, I don't know about that...  Speaking as someone who actually uses
> rdf (a service I use requires it instead of RSS2 for some reason), it
> would bother me if I couldn't tell that the feed wasn't being served
> correctly.

Right, so you'd be one of the people who'd use this plugin. A plugin
fulfilling this role would need to do the following things:

1. Provide code to output the RDF and RSS.92 (easy, just copy-paste
wp-rdf.php and wp-rss.php).
2. Edit $wp_query->feeds to include 'rdf' and 'rss' (as those two
would be removed with the core change).
3. Remove the WP rewrite rules that redirect requests for RDF and RSS 0.92.

That should be, what, half a day's work? I'd do it myself if I had the time.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net