[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Evan Broder wp at ebroder.net
Thu Feb 16 00:59:09 GMT 2006

Craig wrote:
> Okay, so where does this leave us? Do we not need someone's "approval" to do
> something like this? Is there anyone around willing to lead the charge on
> such an initiative? I'm certainly willing to assist, but it would have to be
> more of a make-the-comments-look-pretty-etc function as I am in no position
> to actually document something.
>
> Buhler? Buhler? Buhler?

Another thought: it would make sense to use formatting that could be
extracted with doxygen or whatever equivalent there is for PHP. That
way, we could go create webpages with searchable documentation on all of
the functions. I know that when I'm trying to trace a problem through
the core, it's always a pain to find all of the various functions in the
source.