[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Feb 6 22:17:26 GMT 2006

Ryan Boren wrote:

> They needed to be fixed though.  We have enough plugins to make any
> change to the core likely to break one of them.
>
> If someone wants to go through wp-plugins.org and test every plugin with
> each release, I'll try to fix any breakage found.

How many plugins are there ?
How about setting up a number of blogs and installing plugins to them.
We'd need a few blogs hopefully over a few hosts and then they can be
used ? Is that feasible ? I'll happily set them up anywhere but the key
part is the plugins. Populating them with entries / images etc would be
a chore but if the end result would be used and used well then count me
in for doing it.

> Vigilance over the
> plugin repository coupled with firefox style extension management would
> go a long way toward reducing plugin problems.  That's a real solution.

Agreed.

P.