[wp-hackers] pingomatic problem?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Feb 3 21:21:37 GMT 2006

Scott Merrill wrote:

> Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\[website
> name]\wp-includes\class-IXR.php on line 513

I saw this in an error log a few days ago but had no idea what it did.
A while ago when I clicked Publish I started getting white screens but
the post was being published to the blog. No obvious cause and a forum
search showed this was happening back in 1.2.x
I just removed the pingomatic link and made 3 test posts which went
through much faster than my posts had been doing. I also got no white
screen. Put pingomatic back - 15 seconds to publish + white screen.

I know the structure has been changed about the pinging and someone
might say upgrade but someone posted to the forum who is having the same
problem and using 2.0.1 (
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/59516?replies=3#post-319397 )

So if it is pingomatic that would explain the white screens in every
version and the lack of an obvious cause.

P.