[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-docs] A request

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Jun 18 20:00:26 GMT 2005

Apologies - I should have been clearer.

There are people on the forums who have not yet upgraded to 1.5.1.2
In the forums we are still working - in some cases - with 1.2
The very very last thing we need to see on blogs is people saying how
cool ANY features in 1.6 are. Those sort of posts lead to non-coders
downloading the code, upgrading their blogs then yelling becaue things
break.
It will also lead to people saying "Should I upgrade to 1.5.1.2 or wait
for 1.6" and it definitely increases the pressure and anticipation for
the next release.

We do not need this hassle, really we do not. If you are going to
discuss it, please make it abundantly clear that it must not be used
unless you want a broken blog / can write PHP in your sleep.

If no-one answering posts in the forum is using 1.6, then what do we do
? Berating them goes only so far, and given the nature of the code and
the huge amount of changes that appear to be planned I think it's only
responsible to keep any talk of 1.6 to the appropriate lists.

P.