[wp-hackers] Plugin download repository

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Jul 27 00:32:26 GMT 2005

Firas D. wrote:
> I'd say the trunk should be bypassed altogether. Want a trunk version?
> You must be somewhat technically adept then--use an svn client.

Most plugins aren't complicated enough to require
stable/unstable/snapshot development cycles. The latest and greatest
code is in the trunk, development occurs elsewhere. (Perhaps a branch.)

Unless everybody tags consistently (and they haven't thus far) it's hard
to tell which is the "best" tag to choose. Users shouldn't have to
decide which version they want, it should be automatic.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org