[wp-hackers] REQUEST_URI fix in wp-settings.php doesn't work

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Sat Jul 2 09:58:26 GMT 2005

The REQUEST_URI fix for the IIS in the wp-settings.php for IIS doesn't seem to work as I'm running WP1.5.1.3 on IIS6 with PHP installed as ISAPI. The reason for failure is because $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] is being checked if it is set or not. But the thing is that $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] is set, though its empty, thus the IF block wasn't executed as it was only checking whether its set or not.

as a result, some plugins using REQUEST_URI will not work as well as any other WP features that make use of REQUEST_URI.

I've filed a ticket at the trac

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1488

just thought I'd let the guys know.

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||