[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:35:27 GMT 2005

On 31/08/05, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Not really. I guess the first step would be some immediate feedback that
> pressing the button did something. My best suggestion here would be to
> deactivate the post fields (so people don't post multiple times).

How about popping up a little explanatory notice saying 'Now inserting
your post. This can take a couple of minutes, please be patient...'. I
know 'a couple of minutes' is an overestimation for all but the
slowest servers, but underpromise, overdeliver :)

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net