[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Aug 31 06:53:33 GMT 2005

Scott Berkun wrote:
> Another approach : Actual perf vs. perceived perf.

Very good point, to be clear I really want to address perceived
performance, which is hurt right now by the things we do before
redirecting people after they post. (The actual posting part is pretty
much instant.)

> Does the heavy lifter thread expose any status info?   Or could be made
> to do so without negatively impacting actual perf? Is there any way for
> the posting screen to know how far along the heavy lift thread is?

Not really. I guess the first step would be some immediate feedback that
pressing the button did something. My best suggestion here would be to
deactivate the post fields (so people don't post multiple times).

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com