[wp-hackers] Making it better
podz at tamba2.org.uk
Thu Apr 21 18:48:55 GMT 2005
1. Like David has just said, and I too have voiced, what IS wp ? Unless
we know that, we do not know the target and we must define that. Does it
blog ? Does it CMS ? Does it do anything you want it to ?
2. Get people blogging that wp is NOT about PHP. We get stupid posts in
the forums where people just want to alter a link size but can't
"because they don't know php". There may be some php knowledge IF you
want but the myth needs killing. No-one says "Can't use MT cos it's Perl".
3. Forum overhaul ... the new users rule here. I have the knowledge of
being around a while.
June 2003: http://web.archive.org/web/20030527104021/wordpress.org/support/
4. Everything spread over the place. Could be considered bad but wp.org
still times out and if everything is there isn't that equivalent to
putting all the eggs in one basket ?
5. Forum help. Dead right, and Craig and I have been saying this for a
LONG time. newbie ? no problem. Middle-ish problem ? Okaaay if we've
seen it before and remember. Deeper ? not a chance unless a coder
wanders in. Those I have flagged up to this list have been looked after
(Thanks !) but I could do that every day - and then that defeats the
object as they would be ignored. the amount of help that Kaf, MdaWaffe
(and others) have given is amazing.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 261 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/attachments/20050421/3154ac1c/signature.bin
More information about the wp-hackers