[wp-hackers] Making it better

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Thu Apr 21 18:33:55 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:

> I'm curious how the list thinks the community could be improved to
> avoid the concerns voiced in comments like this:
>
> http://www.plasticbag.org/archives/2005/04/links_for_20050421.shtml

In terms of the Support Forums, I think a model similar to the
SpywareInfo Forums <http://forums.spywareinfo.com/> might work better;
award people that give regular and reliable help. This will not only
make people more keen to help out (for the status and recognition), but
it will instill confidence in the users having trouble, because they
know they are being helped by someone who is at least partly "qualified".

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=9270 has an
explanation of the user groups at SWI. We don't really need a full-blown
"training ground" for people to learn how to help out, instead, people
could enlist as a "Training Support Technician", and have, say, 10 of
their posts reviewed. If it's good advice, then they'd become a "Support
Technician", if not, they'd be given suggestions on where they went
wrong and can try again.

Just an idea...

Jon

--