[wp-hackers] 1.5.1 Release

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Apr 18 15:46:07 GMT 2005

Scott Merrill wrote:
> Those who downloaded on February 17 had a different file from those who
> downloaded later.

The download was modified before the release announcement, it nothing in
the release archive was changed afterward. There were some changes in
the archive before the 17th, which wasn't ideal, just clearing up the
factual inaccuracies.

> According to the list in the trac link above, wp-admin localization
> didn't occur until after 1.5's official release.  If it was rolled back
> into 1.5's official distribution (as suggested by Kimmo), there's
> nothing to indicate that.

Kimmo didn't suggest that, and you could download to see for yourself. I
think his comment "You must have an old version you are looking at" was
referring that people usually check the latest SVN before suggesting
there is a bug, to save time for all involved in case it's already been
fixed. We don't expect people to always run the latest, but there's a
nice browser where you can check things with a few clicks:

http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com