[wp-hackers] 1.5.1 Release

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Apr 18 15:37:14 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Scott Merrill wrote:
>
>> Great, another artifact of the "multiple 1.5 released without indicating
>> that anything changed between releases".
>

> Not really.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/log/trunk/wp-admin/index.php

1.5 was official released February 17:
   http://wordpress.org/development/2005/02/strayhorn/

It's been established that several different versions of the download
files had been posted, with nothing to indicate anything had changed.
Those who downloaded on February 17 had a different file from those who
downloaded later.  The only way we were able to determine this in
#wordpress was to compare md5sums of the zip files, after realizing that
the line numbers in our respective files weren't matching up content-wise.
(I believe the discussion I had was with MCIncubus; though others
probably participated that I've forgotten.)

According to the list in the trac link above, wp-admin localization
didn't occur until after 1.5's official release.  If it was rolled back
into 1.5's official distribution (as suggested by Kimmo), there's
nothing to indicate that.

The point I was -- and _am_ -- making is that for 1.5.1, I'd like to
make sure that subsequent changes to the published download archive(s)
get _recorded_ somehow, preferably with a version bump, so we can all
speak with clarity as to _which_ release we downloaded.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35