[wp-hackers] seperate writable directory

Kimmo Suominen kim at tac.nyc.ny.us
Sun Apr 17 20:25:57 GMT 2005

What OS are you using?  On UNIX for a directory to be "writable", the
permissions of the parent directories need to only to have execute
permissions (so that known path names can be accessed).  You'll also
want the read permissions on for any directory that needs to be listed
(that's what "reading a directory" means).

I just tried out WP-Cache on my server (UNIX -- NetBSD) and used these
permissions:

    drwxrwxr-x  7 kim  kim   512 Apr 17 15:56 wp-content
    drwxrwxr-x  2 www  kim  1024 Apr 17 16:02 wp-content/cache

The web server process runs as user www, so I made it the owner of
the directory and gave the owner full access.

Only I can write to the wp-content directory.

Regards,
+ Kim
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>