[wp-hackers] seperate writable directory

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Sun Apr 17 20:16:25 GMT 2005

Its a request & a suggestion.
Why don't we have a directory like wp-write in the WordPress root which can contain all the directories that you need to have write permissions on? Like those required by plugins Staticize, WP-Cache, ImageHeadline, etc. For now they require a directory in wp-contents which should have write permissions. I don't know about you guys but if a directory "abc" needs write permissions in wp-content, I need to give the same to wp-contents as well, or it doesn't work!!

This just seems like ridiculous!! & I don't want my wp-contents to be writable!! so I have a directory for this purposes where I store all directories that need write permissions  & I've to hack the plugins to follow this new directory structure!!

It would be good if this thing can be rolled in & followed by all plugin authors who need writable directories in their plugins. Having all the writable directories in a single writable root directory really looks more organised IMHO. :)

any thoughts?

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||