Fwd: [wp-hackers] Theme and Plugin Integration

Graeme Lennon graeme at samurai.com
Mon Apr 4 04:10:00 GMT 2005

This may be a good idea for all sorts of reasons -- I haven't worked it
all through in my head yet -- but I can't help but wonder, if you've got
really good functionality in mind, why not make it a plugin to begin
with? Then people who wanted the feature, but preferred to run another
theme, could still have it.

I just really don't see the point of having themes-that-act-as-plugins.
Have your theme, and if you've got a cool idea, have a plugin, too! That
way everyone is happy. :)

g.