[wp-forums] User.

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Mar 28 20:44:14 GMT 2006

Michael B wrote:
> On 3/28/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:

<<snippage>>

> I didn't mean to imply I felt you were indiscriminately breaking the url, I
> guess more my point was your last, we should simply insist on a WP url.
> But then what if diamondseller.com was a WP site ??
> --

There are a couple of users who use WP for 'spammy' purposes - but they
come back and while (it seems) they wait for their question to be
answered they answer a couple of posts themselves. I don't see how we
can fault that because they are actually giving back.
However... those that come along and drop useless clutter into the
forums or dress answers up so it looks like an answer (a user mentioned
on this list recently told someone to use phpmyadmin to solve a very
easy issue) I think we should treat harshly. Unfortunately there is no
easy way to flag posts or alert anyone to the fact someone might be a
problem (check the forum mod thread now).
I don't care if someone has www.omg_look_at_the_porn.com and it's a wp
site if they are answering posts properly
I do mind a bit if that person does a bit of "me too" posting but I'd
not do anything.
I mind a huge amount if there is no sign of WP and they are trying to
disguise the fact they know diddly about WP.

I would like to be able to flag an account and disable their url, for
the member to see they are flagged and for them to have a contact method
that was fairly speedy. A bit like the feedback link at wp.com and then
we take it from there.

As for breaking urls - from the inception of this list they have all
been mentioned here. Before that it would have been at the same
frequency. It's not often - and remember that a user can mend their url.

P.