[wp-forums] A question I'd like answered off forums..

spencerp psgif180 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:36:37 GMT 2006

I know this is an odd request, especially if I don't want it on the forums.. but I just don't want to make full blown "public" of my newest AO8R-2 Dark Blue theme, running on the 2.1 alpha1 blog. =)  Well, just yet anyways... Ok, on with the question..

I was going by Podz's wonderful guide here:
http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/graphicalcss/

And, but..I can't seem to get rid of the "submit" text from over the submit.gif button and submithover.gif buttons.. The rollover works just great, but just can't figure out how to remove that text, or what file to modify? =/ Here is below is the code I'm using in the comment.php file..

<input type="submit" name="submit" alt="Submit" class="button2" />

(And if I use this option: <input type="image" src="img/submit.gif" width=50 height=25 alt="" border="0" name="submit" class="button" />  I can't seem to get the rollover effect going)

And the CSS file codes:
button2, #button2 {
background:#273548 url(http://alpha.vindictivebastard.net/wp-content/themes/A08r/img/submit.gif) no-repeat;
height:25px;
width:50px;
border:none;
display:inline;
}

button2:hover, #button2:hover {
background:#273548 url(http://alpha.vindictivebastard.net/wp-content/themes/A08r/img/submithover.gif) no-repeat;
width:50px;
height:25px;
border:none;
display:inline;
}

Maybe I'm just awake, but my mind is in bed sleeping yet, and or I'm just overlooking something simple maybe...I dunno.. Anyways..here below is the location of the problem, please NOTE, that this isn't even "done" yet, or well even "possibly" going to be released or whatever either LOL!

Ok, down under the Share Your View's Text area box, that button..
 http://alpha.vindictivebastard.net/hello-world.htm

Thanks in advance...and I hope I didn't do something wrong by posting this question here on the lists, I just wanted to try and keep this a "less public" question..

spencerp

Also, if I used just the input type="image"  option, then I can't get the rollovers to work either... sigh. =(