[wp-forums] Who can offer what

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Sun Mar 19 21:01:02 GMT 2006

Oh, now here's a crazy idea that I'm sure will fly as far as a 200lbs
greased pig.
Sometimes when I signup at websites, I have to check (or uncheck) an
option to allow me to receive offers from third parties that might have
something that I might be interested in (I'm usualy turning this Off,
but that's not the point). Now, I am NOT in NO way saying that WP should
do this directly, but may be an option would be to have a list created
that people can signup for, that sellers can then hit with their ads.
Then only people who are signed up on the list get the ads, keeps the
fourms clean, and the advertisers know that the word is getting out.

And in the time that it took me to write that, I see that Podz and Viki
have replied, making this virtually pointless. Like I said, it's
probably not going to fly any ways. I post in defiance as it may spark
another idea from someone else.

-tg