[wp-forums] Moderation Request

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Mar 18 16:24:44 GMT 2006

Vicki Frei wrote:
> Well, actually I see leaving that thread up as a jumping off platform
> for whatever we decide to do (by vote).  It exemplifies much of the
> problem from various angles:  the OP has done much good plugin work for
> the community for free; he is now stating this one is donationware

I think the 'donation' bit is complete bull.
I have a link on my guides which says 'Donate' and others do too. It's
entirely optional. Feast all you like and no obligations.
This guy is SELLING THE CODE which is perfectly fine but he wants to
dance with terminology.

There is also another person who has returned to the forums just as they
too launch 'donation-ware' - this time for themes. Themes which actually
carry no indication of licence in the viewable code. And these themes
get better the more you 'donate'.

I don't have any problem at all with people selling their services and
time with regard to WP. None. I DO have a problem with people thinking
they can trick their way around things.

In the original 'forum moderation' thing I wrote, I clearly stated that
people should not try and be clever with language because if there was
any doubt things would go. This was done because the people who it was
brought in for were articulate people who could have done that. It's the
same with this 'selling' - no matter which word we use someone will try
to get past. Hence the proposal to make a pen in which to throw them all.

P.