[wp-forums] "official" policy should be made

spencerp psgif180 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 08:52:28 GMT 2006

So basically saying, the "Services Forum idea" wouldn't be in question, or even a "possibility" then right? I'm for whatever decision really..even though I'm not a moderator and can't moderate threads.

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
I like restricting commercial offerings and requests to the wp-pro mailing list, it's what it was created for (sorta).

Just curious, and kind of adding a suggestion maybe, would it revert back to the original rule for such types of posts?

Also, as just a regular forum user, those posts don't really bother me per say. But at the same time, I think they just  clog the forums though.

Would it be better for the moderators to just:

1) Close and Edit the threads of such nature, with a link to the wp-pro list..along with an explanation of why it was edited. And yet, let it linger around in the forums.

or

2) Delete the thread entirely, and just have the moderators email that person, personally, with the link to the wp-pro list. And in that email have an explanation of why it was Deleted, as well as let them know of the limitations, if there is any..

Sorry, was just trying to get a better understanding of all this really. =/ =)

spencerp