[wp-forums] "official" policy should be made

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Mar 18 06:55:23 GMT 2006

Vicki Frei wrote:
> If you're going to offer something for purchase (hosting, themes,
> customizations, counseling, hand-holding etc.), then you need to post to
> the pro list.  Posting to the support forum will get your post closed,
> with a reminder and the list addy.  Outright spam etc. will be treated
> to summary execution as per normal.

I like that, allowing some or segregated advertising on the forums seems
like something that would just decline very quickly. We already have
enough trouble with folks posting fake questions and just trying to game
off WP's pagerank. Of the legit helpers that have things they may want
to promote, the forums probably drive enough traffic to their personal
site for them to do okay.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com