[wp-forums] Moderation Request

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 06:55:11 GMT 2006

On 3/18/06, Michael Niziol <michaelniziol at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not pushing buttons, I can be quite good at that and I am clearly not
> going down that path. But leaving a thread such as this up is going to set
> precedent that it is acceptable to post potentially profit-generating
> advertisements under the guise of only having a "donation" required.

You've seen the thread discussing the issue.  You know it's openly being
debated.  To make this statement is to ignore what, 29 posts?

If the
> poster requested a donation from anyone using the plug-in, but did not
> require one, then I think that is a much different things. A donation is a
> voluntary gift, by making it mandatory it stops being a donation and
> becomes
> a purchase price.
>
> If the WordPress forums or just for support issues, though I have
> admittedly
> gone beyond that in the past, as I'm beginning to see how fast things get
> out of hand, then that must be enforced in a  uniform. If the thread is
> allowed to stay, it's going to set a very bad precedent.

You are being quiet impatient, IMO.  I've posted in the thread announcing
the ongoing discussion, and inviting others into the debate.  And until a
decision is made, that is as far as I'm going with it.  Another mod may feel
differently and zap it.