[wp-forums] Services forum

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Sat Mar 18 06:13:38 GMT 2006

Moshu wrote:
> 1. There is a need for paid services.
> Earlier it was that those seeking such services posted their contact
> info - or were advised by us to do so - and whoever wanted could
> contact them _outside_ of the forum.

I earlier posted that I have no problem with a forum duplicating the
WP-Pro mailing list. That is, a forum where, following a few rules,
those seeking to pay for hire can request it. That, however, is not
how I read Podz original profile of a Services forum. It seems it
would be in place for both those looking for professional help, and
those offering it, are commingled.

> One thing that we might "solve" with this would be the clear
> delimitation (differentiation?) of free support offered in the forum
> and paid services offered by private entities.

And there's nothing wrong with wanting to *isolate* such threads from
the actual support going on in the forums. I have no problem on that
point. My concern, and I think that of a few others, is just how much
of an endorsement can we get away with without it ending up polluting
the forums as a whole? Is there a threshold we can actually define for
it?

> But maybe I am wrong...

We all might be!

-Kaf