[wp-forums] Services forum

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Sat Mar 18 05:35:34 GMT 2006

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kaf Oseo

>  What is it we are
> attempting to solve
> with this?

1. There is a need for paid services.
Earlier it was that those seeking such services posted their contact
info - or were advised by us to do so - and whoever wanted could
contact them _outside_ of the forum.

2. Lately, more and more often, if the original paid-service-seeker
didn't leave a contact address, eager "volunteers" jump in and post
their website/email... offering to do some paid work.

While I find #1 OK, I feel uncomfortable about #2. Many times I was
inclined to delete, moderate... to step in - because I don't think the
present setup of the forum should allow it.

One thing that we might "solve" with this would be the clear
delimitation (differentiation?) of free support offered in the forum
and paid services offered by private entities.

But maybe I am wrong...

moshu