[wp-forums] it's time to do something else

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Wed Mar 8 19:43:05 GMT 2006

Dear All,

It has been discussed several times that we should _not_ provide
support for non-WP issues, especially basic html, basic css and stuff
like that.

I am definitely not inclined to spoon-feed every "not-so-bright"
beginner with this kind of replies.

Seemingly I am alone with this approach. Whenever I try to "divert" a
question to other places because it is NOT really a WP issue... there
are five-six others that jump in offering to hold the hand of the OP
and giving guidance for basics. (Not necessarily members of this
list!)
Even worse I get lessons from kids (much younger than my son, BTW) and
others regarding how to moderate, how to behave, what to do etc.

Do I need this crap? Nope. Can I live without it? Yep.
Maybe it is time to take a leave - for a week, for a month, for a
year... who knows.

Perhaps, when a clearer policy will be in place (and respected by all)
I might be back.
As a final note: nothing personal with any of the list-members.

Now take care and have a nice day.
It has been fun working with you!

moshu