[wp-forums] Security again

Vicki Frei vkaryl at localnet.com
Sat Mar 4 03:17:55 GMT 2006

On 3/3/2006 8:04:24 PM, Robert Deaton (false.hopes at gmail.com) wrote:

> You'll
> have to excuse me (and I think this is the first time
> I've ever
> said something like this on a list, but...) this whole damn thing is
> beeing blown way out of proportion, and whooami and marke1 are just
> people who are out to piss us all off and cause unnecessary FUD, and
> they're
> just as bad as the dumbass team who reported these false
> vulnerabilities.
>
> Unfortunately, I can only hold off with my own personal views for so
> long, as they come up with some new bullshit excuse on why that
> won't
> do everytime. I do wish that we could get some dev feedback, a nice
> post on the standings of the current issues and what will and won't
> be
> done, for what reason, so we can stop defending the developers hoping
> that
> they're sane, but hell, its been days of us asking with no
> response from Matt, we're up the creek without a paddle once again.

Ah, yes.... exactly.... Any you are surprised?  Surely not....

I would assume that your gmail email addy says it all.  Mind now, I'm not saying
this is all fine.... I've just been around long enough now to recognize status
quo, shrug, say "piss on it" and go on about my own business.

[Which in this case is trying to make a DAMNED 3 column theme behave in IE.  And
to which end I have bowed to necessity and am going to use an IE-specific
stylesheet *sigh*.]

[[Yes, Petit, I know that the OP in that thread I moderated was worried about
some security stuff.  But security stuff is NOT my forte.  Keeping potentially
nasty politically charged flamewars away is one of my roles however.... which
was my only reason for dealing with that thread at all.]]