[theme-reviewers] PHP namespace

Ryan Van Etten ryanve at gmail.com
Sat May 25 01:17:46 UTC 2013

My *reasons* to submit action <https://github.com/ryanve/action> to WPORG
are to:

   1. prevent incorrect dashboard updates from a conflicting WPORG theme
   2. prevent overall name confusion
   3. enable updates via Dashboard -> Updates
   4. enable installs via Appearance -> Themes

Is there an official way to solve #1 and #2 from outside WPORG? #3 and #4
are pure convenience. For me it would mean maintaining SVN in addition to
Github.

*Thanks* all for the solid feedback. I tried to clarify all points in
ticket #12206 <http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12206#comment:2>.
Note there is a newer
submission<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/query?keywords=~theme-action>.
Itemized