[theme-reviewers] Include setting for paginate_comments_links or theme's custom one?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jan 21 23:28:57 UTC 2013

In general, *enhancing* core functionality is fine, while *circumventing*
it is not. So, if the core function can't be modified as needed via
parameters or filters, then one legitimate implementation is to provide a
Theme option for an "enhanced" version of the function.*

I don't think the default value for the option is of any particular
importance.

* The best-of-both-worlds action would be to submit the
improvement/enhancement to Trac as a patch to the core
function/functionality. Any time a Theme developer finds a way to build
upon/enhance a core function, I strongly recommend trying to push that
enhancement back upstream to core.