[theme-reviewers] Theme Tag: Responsive

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Feb 25 23:52:23 UTC 2013

I'm not sure of the original intent behind "flexible-width", but from an
end-user perspective, "responsive" would be far more useful/meaningful.

+1 from me for adding it to the tag whitelist.

As for guidelines: we should probably set some minimum screen resolutions
that should be supported, so that users know that Themes with the
"responsive" tag would work well on given devices X, Y, and Z. The Theme
would also need to pass *all* Theme Unit Tests for those minimum
resolutions. (That will mostly impact image scaling and video embeds, as
well as long site/post titles, and similar things designed to break
layouts.)

Most everything beyond that should be left to design aesthetic, IMHO.