[theme-reviewers] Theme Review

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Sun Feb 12 21:04:19 UTC 2012

Dear (new) Theme Reviewers,

Please make sure that each review is completed against
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review. Yes, we did make few changes about
the review process
http://make.wordpress.org/themes/2011/12/15/getting-the-review-queue-back-on-track/however
guidelines still needs to be followed.

*Some issues that I notice are:*

   - Credit Links <http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Credit_Links> -
   This is the very first thing I see when reviewing a Theme, same goes when
   going over some of your reviews.
   - License <http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Licensing> - Very
   important part of review, license is also at the very top of my review as
   well.
   - If an author decides to base their Theme from i.e. Twenty Twelve,
   please make sure that "@since Twenty Twelve 1.0" stuff are either renamed
   or removed. It's just wrong and ugly.
   - When author submits a Theme based on i.e. Toolbox and the only thing
   different are additional widgets, that's not acceptable. Theme can derive
   from anything GPL or GPL-Compatible, however it needs to be changed
   visually and in codes as well.
   - Theme Name <http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Theme_Name> - "An
   ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." If you spot the word "Theme"
   in Theme Name, that is no go. "My Chicago Real Estate Site" or any other
   similar names is not valid.

*To touch credit links once again with few examples:*

http://my-chicago-real-estate-site.com
http://my-chicago-real-estate-site.com/theme-name
http://theme-name.my-chicago-real-estate-site.com

Domain Names like this or similar to are not valid Theme or Author URLs in
any form or a shape. Folder based or subdomain it does not matter. Same
applies to any other commercial sites or even how-to/tutorial sites.

*One of the best ways to ask from author is:*

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/twentyeleven or
http://my-twenty-eleven-theme.com. In either case author will show "true
colors" and prove that they are here to contribute and not to SPAM or after
the backlinks.

Other than that thank you so much for helping out!

*N.B. You're always more than welcome to ask questions, heck I am Theme
Review/Admin and still ask when I am unsure of something.*

Cheers,
Emil