[theme-reviewers] Issue with Purple Pastels 6.01 in the Theme Directory

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Oct 12 22:28:53 UTC 2010

on 12/10/2010 23:09 Chip Bennett said the following:
> The directory naming is an automated process, based entirely on the Theme
> name.
>
> As far as I know, spaces in Theme Name are converted to hyphens. So, a Theme
> named "Purple Pastels" will have a Theme slug (directory name) of
> "purple-pastels".
>
> In order to have the Theme slug (directory name) of "purplepastels", the
> Theme name would have to be "PurplePastels" (no spaces).

In that case...<pokes Otto>...

Can I suggest that theme authors are made aware of this? Or that the
system is changed?

Under normal circumstances, it's not unreasonable to assume that folder
names won't be changed post-submission. And with child themes hopefully
becoming more prevalent, it's vital that theme authors either have
control over the theme folder names or are pre-warned to changed folder
names to a more tamper proof form *before* they submit their themes or
create any child themes.

After all, I don't think many authors download their own theme just to
look at the zip file and see if anything has been changed since they
submitted it.

> Also, please note: the Theme Review team has basically no control over what
> happens to Themes once we sync them from SVN to Extend. All we do is
> determine whether or not a Theme uploaded to SVN is made live in Extend.

Understood - which is why I've also cc'd this to themes@

Mel P.
--
WordPress theme developer