[theme-reviewers] Issue with Purple Pastels 6.01 in the Theme Directory

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Oct 12 23:01:09 UTC 2010

Another thought...

Why doesn't Twenty Ten come under the "two word title - hyphenated
folder name" rule? The theme's name (despite the fact that most people
refer to it as TwentyTen) is "Twenty Ten" - yet the folder name is
"twentyten".

Yes - obviously, it didn't go through the auto-upload process. But since
it's been promoted as an example theme, it's possible that other theme
developers will follow its lead, create a theme folder with a composite
name and then fall foul of upload changes the way I have.

If there is to be a best practice rule for theme folder names that is
then imposed by the upload process, it really needs to be applied across
the board. Even for "default" themes...

Oh - and Chip - I forgot to say thank you for your quick response. Too
busy rushing around trying to update child themes, I suppose. so...

Thank you, Chip. ;-)

Mel P.
--
WordPress theme developer