[wp-hackers] Default User Setup

Terrence Wood tdw at funkive.com
Sun Feb 6 02:02:05 GMT 2005

I think Micheal's is making a point from an interaction design POV. Most
people are going to change the password, so why not let them do it from
the outset rather than making them reconfigure the password, or create
an additional account once logged in.

If people are going to use easy passwords then it makes sense to allow
them to create the default login name something other than 'admin',
which has got to be, without doubt, the most easy to guess login name
around.

Changing my login name from admin to something I prefer is usually the
first thing I do through phpmyadmin... but not everyone has the skill to
do that.

Terrence Wood.