[wp-hackers] xmlrpc.php's location

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Sep 17 20:38:15 UTC 2004

Randy Peterman wrote:
> But doesn't that require that folks have their .htacess files
> configured?  It's another strain on the end user.

I have no real idea what this file does and the discussion about it, but
with regard to the average blogger - like me - if, when I upgrade,
everything goes to where it should, and the .htaccess that is generated
does what it needs to do, then the impact on me is about zero.
Problems arise when people do their upgrade piecemeal, but they do that
anyway as forum posts will attest to.

The only suggestion I would make is that an 'upgrade.txt' file be
included in the download. People upgrading won't read the readme.html