[wp-hackers] Static content plugin

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 19:14:33 UTC 2004

Re: About pages.
This is pretty easy to do. I've created a post called 'about me' but
into a category called 'site meta' and then used my show categories
plugin to keep any post in 'site meta' from showing up on the front
page, and also excluded 'site meta' from the category list. Then I made
a link using the Link Mgr to the About Me post's permalink.

(Currently I'm allowing 'site meta' posts into the main flow for other
reasons, but the idea is the same. I'm also pulling out any site meta
post for use in a mini-blog side box.)

Sure, it still looks like a post, but some creative use of CSS IDs and
you could style it anyway you wanted, with all the WP benefits of
dynamic updating, etc.