[wp-hackers] Re: Welcome

Steve Ivy steve at redmonk.net
Thu Jun 17 04:45:52 UTC 2004

Hi All!

> * who you are

Steve Ivy, aka redmonk on #wordpress. I'm a recent convert to
WordPress, after 4 years on another CMS, and blog at
http://redmonk.net/.

> * why you're here

My previous host was on a proprietary system, where extending the
system was not an option. One of the things that excited me about
moving to an open platform was being able to extend it - I've already
benefited from the generosity of the community and it's been great!

> * what you'd like to get out of this list

I'd like to learn more about writing plugins, and understand the
architecture a bit more. I'm hoping to contribute back as well, but
I'll not promise anything yet. ;)

Cheers,

--Steve