[wp-hackers] Dashboard "focus"

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sun Dec 19 22:41:00 UTC 2004

Owen Winkler wrote:
> To that end, I would see the RSS on the Dashboard scrapped entirely for
> a Mozilla-like "update available" beacon that flashes when significant
> notices are released.  That, and make the Latest Activity section span
> the entire page.

I agree !
As for the Latest Activity not taking up a lot of space, can a plugin
not access that area ? Could it ? Then people could customise their
install even further.
While the RSS is neat, I can see people asking very quickly how to get
rid of it hence my asking earlier for a very simple way for people to do
that.

The 'Update' icon would be most useful IMO.
P.