[wp-hackers] Trackback and Pingback in WordPress

Christine christine at blogomania.com
Wed Dec 8 15:46:12 UTC 2004

"The whole point of trackbacks is that they *aren't* automatic and they
are a more private way of saying, "Here's something related to something
you did."

Coming to WP from MT, I think of Trackbacks as being somewhat automatic,
but might just be my perception.  I have often wished that WP
auto-detected the Trackback link when I used the "Press It" bookmarklet,
so that I didn't have to hunt for it on the other person's site and
paste it in if I started my post from there.  If I'm reading about a
plugin and I want to post about it, I use the bookmarklet to start the
post, and I wish the "Trackback URI" field was automatically populated
for me.  (Of course, with the ability to delete that text if I didn't
want to send a Trackback.)

Christine
www.bigpinkcookie.com | www.pixelog.org | www.blogomania.com