[bbDev] Tags drop down.. can it be done?

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Fri Jan 5 18:11:22 GMT 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 1:41 AM, spencerp wrote:

> The suggestion for this came up on the wp-forums list a while back,
> but.. nothing was posted on the "How-To" for it..
>
> I was just wondering, what would be the tags "call" for making this
> possible? Here's an example of what I'm talking about...
>
> <li><h2>Browse By</h2>
> <select name="archivemenu"
> onChange="document.location.href=this.options
> [this.selectedIndex].value;">
> <option value="">Tags</option>
> <?php tag_heat_map(); ?>
> </select>
>
> What's the actual "call" for the tags, to have them all be listed
> there? Thanks in advanced.. ;):)

You want a dropdown of all your tags?  I'm not sure that's the best
way to go about it.  What happens when your site ends up with
thousands of tags?  The dropdown will be huge, and your site will be
really slow to load because of the giant DB query and bandwidth issues).

Maybe a "search tags" textbox on the tags page would be better?

Michael