[bbDev] Installation and WP Integration

Thomas Leavitt thomas at thomasleavitt.org
Mon Sep 26 06:24:27 GMT 2005

>From what I see, Wordpress moved from "templates" to "themes" in 1.5...

If folks are going to be integrating Wordpress and bbPress, would it
make more sense for bbPress, rather than developing an entirely new
templating/style sheet system, to simply incorporate the Wordpress
"theme" system, and create an analogous "bb-content" directory, under
which plugins, and "themes" and other content designed to be preserved
across versions and upgrades could be stored?

I mean, the code has already been written, why not just lift it
wholesale instead of re-inventing the wheel... especially since it would
be natural for a combined Wordpress/bbPress system to have a common
theme?

Thomas