[bbDev] Possible Ideas

dean at deansas.org dean at deansas.org
Tue Jul 5 22:29:06 GMT 2005

Hi all,
I've just installed a recent nightly to see how the project is going
along... I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Just a few ideas/queries:
Any plans for tags to have their own RSS feed?, this'll act sort of like
googles "saved searches" feature. Letting a user quickly see new topics
in the field they're interested in, e.g. if I wanted to look at all the
new themes people make, subscribing to a "themes" tag.

Putting RSS link inside the head tags as well - allows firefox and also
I think opera and Safari(??) to pick it up and add as a "live bookmark"
easier.

Just wondering if there's any plans (obviously in the far future of the
project), to introduce an xml-rpc API or something similar?

Human Friendly URLs
It looks like my host (and I suspect other shared hosting), doesn't have
the setting enabled, can I include the setting(content
negotiation/multiviews) in a .htaccess file? Alternatively will
mod_rewrite ever be supported?

Regards,
dsas