[bbDev] Re: "You've Been Blocked" Error

Murray Gray murray at harvestmarketing.com
Wed Aug 31 04:20:24 GMT 2005

hi guys,

> Then all should work.  I'm curious, though, how a user managed to get
> created without any caps.  Was this a pre-existing user from your WP
> install?  That's a situation we haven't dealt with yet.

i received this error too.

yep - i am using the wp_users table as my users table for
bbpress according to the instructions given just recently.

when attempting to hit the bbpress /forum/ index for the
first time with a newly created wp user, i receive the
'you've been blocked' error.  i manually add to the caps
and i can get in...

so now, when accepting signups, i manually add to the
metadata table along these lines which seems to fix the
problem?

insert into `bb_usermeta` (`user_id`, `meta_key`, `meta_value`) VALUES
('$ID', 'bb_capabilities', 'a:1:{s:6:\"member\";b:1;}')

is this the right thing to add?

cheers!

murray